Alexis started Preschool yesterday. I know, can you believe it!? She’s getting so big. At her orientation last week with the other parents and students, Alexis insisted that I go everywhere with her while her
BFF Mickenzie was a little social butterfly. They had a good time, did some puzzles, and did play with the other kids, but I was worried she would be too upset to leave me on the first day of school. I also felt like the parent meeting and orientation were first days of school for ME! I felt judged my some of the other moms and a couple of them even did the “body check”…you ladies know what I mean, right? That just made me all the more paranoid about sucking in my gut. I went into this knowing a couple of my friends were taking their kids to the school and knew Alexis and I both would have friends there, and I know what an awesome preschool teacher Vicki Miller is…but still, I felt like a geek, like the last kid that would be picked for Kickball. I know that’s crazy…this is PRESCHOOL orientation after all…but
ANYWHOO….
Low and behold, come Tuesday morning, that child was up and ready, Phil and I drover her to school, her teacher Mrs. Miller helped her out of the car, and she said “Bye! Love you!” and ran inside! Meanwhile,
Mickenzie was waiting outside for Alexis to come because she was too nervous to go in without Alexis. They were the complete opposite of the week before. But that’s a toddler for ya!
When I went back to pick Alexis up, all she could talk about were her new friends, the story they read about a bird, the crackers they had for a snack, and she made a picture. (That I’m debating on framing!) Her teacher said she was just the cutest, sweetest, little thing and that she was so easy in class! She said she did great and they had such a good time. We went through McDonald’s for chicken nuggets and on the way; Alexis grabbed her little head and said she “had a headache from picking up all those toys.”
Agh Ha! Finally reasoning behind why she struggles with it at home! Poor baby. ;-)
Lex and
Kenzie posing for some pictures on the stairs

She made a new friend at orientation

The girls doing a puzzle

Mr. Potato Head glasses. :-)
The 3 of us before school

First day of school!! One of my friends saw this picture and said she should be on a
Welch's commercial!
lol!

Alexis (with her new Tinkerbell backpack) and Mrs. Miller
The girls walking into school!
Our baby is so big. :-(
I remember those days...sigh... so sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteShe sure looks excited and ready..cute!
Glad she found her backpack! That first day is a killer for Moms and Dads but it looks like you both did super! She's the cutest little bug ever and time does fly by very quickly so enjoy this time with those precious babies!
ReplyDelete