I dread going to the fair. All the people give me anxiety. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see the smile on Alexis' face. This year we decided to leave Addy with my mom. I think she's a little too young to enjoy the fair. We took Alexis' friend Mickenzie with us and they had a BLAST! I was so nervous letting them ride even the little kiddie rides. Phil just kept reassuring me that they would be fine, and they were. But all those little helicopter rides have from keeping the kids fall 6 feet is a measly little chain. But not only did they ride every ride, but they rode every ride like 5 times. The boats were their favorite, and they probably rode that 7 or 8 times, really. Phil mentioned going on the Ferris wheel, and they were so excited. It's all Alexis can talk about now. We also rode the scrambler. Yikes! That, and she rode a pony, Rusty.
After we rode rides and got something to eat we looked at the animals to give their little tummies a break. Good thing Alexis had already ridden a pony because when we went to look at them in the stalls, the ponies started freaking out when the girls walked in and it scared them half to death. Alexis was crying so Phil picked her up and carried her out and she said "Daddy, I don't wanna ride THAT pony." lol! Poor kids.
Overall, we had such a fun time! Wayyy more fun than I had expected.
Aaaaand they're OFF!













The ferris wheel always freaks me out! Of course some smart aleck always has to rock it and scare me more! (no names please)Looks like a fun day and I bet everyone was pooped when they got home...Mom and Dad especially!
ReplyDeleteCute pics of all of you!! looks like the girls had a ball!! So much fun to go with little ones...makes you see it all over again in a new light :-)
ReplyDeleteso cute! happy birthday to Addy on Oct 1st!
ReplyDelete