Soooo tired. This Thanksgiving we went to the Starkeys to visit with family and eat some yummy food. Addy had had (That’s so weird to see 2 of the same words in a row) an ear infection a week ago. She was on Augmentin which seemed to clear it all up. Then, when we got home Thursday night, Addy started with a little cough. Nothing a little Benadryl can’t fix, right? WRONG. The cough got progressivly worse. So bad in fact, that I had to take her to the ER Saturday evening because her face was turning blue from coughing and she would occasionally vomit after a coughing attack. The ER doc, not the one that treated Addy, just some other random doctor that just walked into our room, was completely condescending because we’ve chosen to postpone her immunizations. He referred to Addy as a “he” at least 5 times. I mean really, if he read her chart and was so concerned for her well being, couldn’t he at least have noticed they were treating a 1 year old FEMALE!? Ugh. Anyway… they tested her for Whooping cough, strep, and had to do a chest X-ray. They game her some Zithromax and sent her home with an Rx. It seems to have helped the severity of her coughing attacks, but she still generally feels like crap, and hasn’t really slept. Which means Phil and I really haven’t slept. And we are tired, hence the title of this blog.
BUT, my parents DID surprise me with my favorite…LEBANESE FOOD Sunday afternoon. We celebrated my birthday and Katherine’s birthday. Addy took a long, much needed, nap for the majority of the time there and I came home with awesome gifts, including a SNUGGIE! I’ve been wanting one for so long! Thanks mom and dad!! Pictures to come...
11.30.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Boo!!! Sophie's got the same horrible cough. I was up last night with her and was hoping it would magically go away, but it doesn't sound like it will! I hate it when Dr's have no bedside manner and when people refer to my perpectually pink-clad baby as a boy. Morons!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Addy is sick. I hate it when the ER docs suck! Hopefully she'll be better soon. Happy Birthday, I have something for you too! Sounds like being able to catch some sleep was the best gift of all.
ReplyDelete